Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hasta Vernos


Hey Guys
We had a great week in Tamarindos this week, finding various families through the members that seem really interested.  Unfortunately our baptisms fell but it was still a successful week!  Saturday brought interesting news when I found out that I was going to Chilpancingo to be zone leader over 26 missionaries.  I was pretty sad about leaving Tamarindos but Elder Pearson and I worked real hard there and we feel great about the work we did in the ward.  On Sunday, I had the opportunity to say bye to a lot of the members and we shared some tears.  There are some amazing families over there and I felt like I was saying bye to my own family as I left.  David, the guy who got the mission call, cried a lot and we exchanged ties to remember eachother.  I think he is my best friend here in Mexico.  So we woke up super early to head out to chilpancingo which is about 2 hours away from Iguala.  It is a lot cooler here than Iguala and the stake is very strong.  It is the biggest zone in the mission with the most missionaries and I am pumped to be here.  My new companion is Elder Cornejo from Sinaloa, Mexico.  He seems really cool and has already been in this area for 6 months so he knows it well.  I have a lot to learn right now but I am just trying to take it slow and enjoy it.  Most of the elders in this zone are mexican so hopefully my spanish will be improving a lot in these next weeks.  We are in the Heróico (heroic) ward.  It is a decent size ward of about 120 active members.  We actually went to eat with a sister today and they pulled a little prank on me because i am new.  They gave me the gatorade shower of water so I have been pretty soaked all day.  But it was pretty funny!  Elder Pearson stayed in Tamarindos and he will be training an american missionary that is going to start his mission there.  Everything is happening very fast and I am just trying to keep up haha.  We are going to instruct the elders tommorow in a special meeting to start the new change so we are going to plan for that tonight.  We are also going to have a special meeting with President Spannaus and all the zone leaders for two days in Cuernavaca this week to train us.  I am excited to learn a lot from him.  I think thats about it that is going on here.  I will be appreciating your prayers in these next weeks as I will have the opportunity to learn how to be a better leader of service and love.  I know that the callings we recieve in the church are to bless the lives of others but we as well learn how to serve and love.  We can become more like the Savior in these opportunities.  I hope to grow a lot in these next months as I continue to strive to become the missionary that my Father in Heaven needs me to be.  Hope everyone is doing well as the school year is coming to a close.  Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers in my behalf!  Love you guys a ton!
Elder Stutz

No comments:

Post a Comment