Thursday, December 27, 2012

La Navidad: El Inicio de Mi Salvación

Feliz Navidad!!

I have never been so busy during the Christmas season.  This past week, President Kusch, sister Kusch, Elder Azueta, and I went to all the zones in the mission to have Christmas conferences.  In the conferences, we saw skits from each district, a white elephant gift exchange, a slideshow of all the service projects in the mission, messages from President and sister Kusch, and dinner.  We enjoyed traveling around the mission, getting to know many different places.  We saw a bunch of super funny skits and mostly, we enjoyed being with the missionaries and celebrating the true spirit of Christmas with them.  I had the chance to go to Chilpancingo again.  It felt great to go back.  We actually got the opportunity to visit a little with a convert named Margarita.  She just found out she has cancer but her faith is as strong as ever.  She told us that the Lord has blessed her with the faith and testimony that she needs to overcome this trial that she has accepted so that she can grow and be stronger.  We also went to the stake musical program that the missionaries helped a lot with.  A couple elders (including my ex-comp Elder Pearson) organized an amazing program.  The music was amazing and everyone that went loved it.  They were able to do the same program in half of the stakes in the mission to help with the relationships between the members and the missionaries.  President had us talk to a few companionships during the conferences to help them out.  Elder Azueta and I loved talking with these elders and helping them apply the principles they teach everyday as missionaries.  We felt completely guided by the Spirit in those talks to ask the right questions and give the right advice.  These experiences have helped me come to know my Savior better.  One Sunday, during the sacrament, the bishop asked us to speak because the speakers didnt show up.  I felt impressed to speak a little about the reality of the Atonement because it is something that I have had to apply a lot more often the last month.  Feeling so tired and, at times, sick, I have had to trust in the Lord more than ever because there is no time for physical rest.  What I have discovered is that the Lord does not give us a physical rest from working in His vineyard.  But He does provide small spiritual breaks when He comforts our hearts and speaks peace to our souls.  I have needed those feeling of comfort and peace now more than ever and I am so grateful for the hope the abides when we live righteously.  I wish everyone a very merry Christmas.  I hope all of us can identify a gift that we can give to Christ this year.  I am most grateful for the Atonement and my family than I am for any other gift because the best gifts are eternal!  Love you all! 
Elder Stutz  

No comments:

Post a Comment