Monday, October 3, 2011

Siervos Vivientes del Señor




Hey Everyone!
I hope everyone enjoyed General Conference as much as I did. Wow!! Great messages all around. I love how every problem in life can be solved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am grateful that we have the fulness of that Gospel in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Watching it in Spanish was a very fun experience. It made it hard to write fast notes but I enjoyed it because I felt like the Spirit was teaching me as I listened to the words. So I learned a lot and recieve some much needed revelation. I am so grateful there is a living prophet on the earth that is talking with God and recieving specific revelation for us in this day so that we can return back to our Father in Heaven. Of the numerous messages I enjoyed, I loved what was said (i think it might have been Hales) about why we have so much suffering in our lives and in the lives of others. It all comes back to the Plan of Happiness that our Father Heaven has for us. We are here to PROGRESS. We can rejoice when we go through trials and learn so much from them. These tough times and experiences are preparing us to return to our Father in Heaven, to return to Him being like Him. I have noticed this principle in the mission field because in all honesty, my lfe is a lot harder right now, there are a lot more trials. But I have also noticed a great change in me, in what is important to me. I am focused on things of eternal importance and I find myself so much happier than earlier times of my life. Let us endure through the tough times, looking for what we can learn and how we can rely on Heavenly Father and the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ to become more like them. The last several weeks have been humbling weeks of hard work and constant repentance. Elder Oswald and I (officially together for one more change here in Tepoztlán) have learned a lot and have desperately seeked for the Lords help in this work we are doing. Success is coming, we have faith. We had a great lesson this past week with a mom and her daughter that live alone in a small shack on the outskirts of Tepoztlán. As we were talking about the life of the Savior and what the apostles did she stopped us and said, Oh I get it, you guys are just like the apostles, bringing the Gospel to the people and inviting them to repent and be baptized!! I was really touched by that statement and it brought a lot of joy into my heart because it strengthened my testimony that we are doing the most important work on the earth right now, bringing souls to Christ. I testify, like many of the General Authorities did this past weekend, that the only thing that will provide us with peace in this life and eternal life with the Father in the next is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We must follow His example in all things, by being baptized, recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end, using His Atonement everyday to become more like Him. To those who are reading this that are not baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. That book is the reason I know we are in the right path and the reason why I am so happy declaring this Gospel. God will answer your prayer if you really want to know if it is true and if this Church really is the One True Church of Jesus Christ on the earth. I know it is true with all my heart and I dont want anyone to miss out on the blessings I have recieved and will continue to recieve. You have nothing to lose, give it a try and I testify that it will change your life for the better! Love you all so much! Hope everyone has a great week and continues to treasure up the words of the scriptures and of the living prophets!!!
Con Muchísimo Amor,
Elder Stutz

No comments:

Post a Comment