Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lecciones Aprendidas de la Expiación


Hey Guys
Its been a busy week and Ill try to include as many details as possible.  This past week we were able to have a family home evening with the Duque family.  We invited the son and daughter in law and also Guillermina´s sister and her husband.  We are preparing the four of them to be baptized on May 4th.  We watched a movie about eternal families with them.  They really enjoyed it and the Duque family shared their feelings about their loved ones taking the same step to be baptized.  The four of them seem excited so these next few weeks will be focused on helping them so that they can experience a conversion in their hearts so that they will be ready on May 4th to be baptized.  We also had a lesson with the Duque family earlier in the week to teach them about missionary work.  We invited President Kusch to come along so that he could meet the family.  The lesson went great as we taught about and challenge them to participate in sharing the Gospel with others.  President told us at the end of the lesson that if they prepare names in their family history class to take to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, we could go with them!!!  We are really excited for that and I think we would go sometime in May.  This Sunday, Jose Felipe received the Aaronic priesthood and a calling.  He has been called to serve as the 2nd counselor in the Sunday School presidency.  He is going to be great with that calling because he is a great teacher. We also had Martha´s baptism this past Saturday.  That also went great.  Lots of members supported her by attending.  I think she will continue to be faithful in the church because she loves reading her scriptures and praying.  She loves being able to feel the Holy Ghost and now she has received the blessing of having the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.    Last night, Elder Azueta and I were with a missionary that had gotten pretty sick during the day.  He has already finished his mission but his parents are coming to get him to tour the mission with him.  Last night, while walking back to our house, he collapsed on the ground and started having problems with his nerves.  His fists clenched up and he did not have control of his body movements.  Elder Azueta threw him on his back to carry him up to our apartment on the fifth floor as I made some emergency phone calls.  When we got into our apartment, he continued to feel worse and could not move his body.  We quickly decided to give him a priesthood blessing before making other calls.  Elder Azueta anointed him and I gave him the blessing.  The blessing was focused on peace, forgiveness of sins, and the Spirit.  I dont remember everything I said in the blessing but I knew I had said what the Lord needed to say to this missionary.  After the blessing, my companion and I kneeled down next to the bed to pray individually until he felt better.  In a few short minutes, he was able to lift up his hand and tell us that we had acted as angels to save him from a terrible situation.  We have taken him to the hospital and he has gotten tests done and is doing a lot better.  I felt the power of the priesthood so strong.  I know it is something we must exercise in righteousness because if we are not worthy, we will not be blessed with power.  I am grateful for that priesthood power in my life to bless others and allow them to feel the love of their Savior and Father in Heaven.  I am grateful for experiences like this one that strengthen my testimony of Gospel principles and truths.  I want to finish with a couple lessons I have learned from studying the Atonement.  I have decided to study it so that I can endure to the end with righteous desires in my mission.  The first lesson learned is that trials and suffering help us become better and one day perfect.  The Savior suffered so much so that we could have the opportunity to be saved.  The suffering He went through helped Him become perfect and obtain a perfect love for us (Hebrews 2:10).  The other lesson learned from the Atonement is that having a vision of desired outcomes give us the will-power to work and achieve those results.  The only way Christ was able to suffer so much for our well-being was because He had a vision of the blessings we would enjoy because of His sacrifice: immortality and eternal life with our families.  That vision helped Him support the weight of the Atonement (Hebrews 12:1-2).  If we can obtain a vision of a future that we and God desire, we will work tirelessly everyday to achieve those goals.  Having a vision of my eternal family motivates me to help other families become eternal.  Envisioning my eternal reward helps me wake up very morning and working hard until my head hits the pillow.  I know these things to be true and I invite everyone to think about their lives, obtain a vision of your desired future, and make the necessary arrangements in your lives to be able to make that vision a reality.  Love you all so much and wish you a great and successful week!
Elder Stutz  

No comments:

Post a Comment