Monday, July 23, 2012

El Señor Nos Fortaleció


Hey Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer!  I miss you all so much!  Elder Quinnelly and I worked very hard this past week.  We are in our process of purifying ourselves by being exactly obedient and improving our teaching skills so that we can be better and more worthy instruments in the Lord´s hands.  It is going well and I know we will see the blessings soon.  We found quite a few new investigators this past week through contacting and family home evenings.  Unfortunately, Arturo´s baptism fell through and we are not sure right now if he will get baptized soon or not.  It is a little frustrating because he knows its true and likes everything about the church but I think he is just going through a tough time right now and needs some time to think and pray.  Hopefully he will get baptized this week!  Yesterday we had kind of a tough day.  Both my comp and I were sick to our stomachs and not very many people came to church.  One challenge of the mission for me has always been sacrament meeting.  Before the mission, sacrament meeting was always the break I needed after a full week of school and work.  I always felt like I could just breathe and enjoy that hour in my week, every week.  That hour is a little different in the mission.  After inviting about 50 people to church, every Sunday we are anxious to see who will show up.  A few show up sometimes but for me, sacrament meeting has always been a disappointing time as I have thought about all the people who were missing the opportunity to partake of the sacrament and receive blessings.  Yesterday was no exception.  We had just one investigator show up after having invited 50+ people.  I was feeling pretty down, especially because most of the members werent there either.  During the sacrament I prayed for comfort, I prayed for the Lord to accept the sacrifice I had given during the week even though it didnt bring about very many fruits.  I received an answer to that prayer and felt an overwhelming feeling of peace come over me.  I am grateful to be able to serve the Lord 24/7 right now during this time in my life.  I am learning so much.  I want these people to be baptized because I want to be with them in heaven after this life.  I know that we can make a difference in other people´s lives as we serve them.  As we serve others, we too will progress and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know He lives and that He loves us.  I love all of you and hope that we can all come unto to Christ everyday thorugh prayer and scripture study.  Hope everyone has a great week!!!!
Love
Elder Stutz

No comments:

Post a Comment