Saturday, July 9, 2011

Estamos Listos por el Campo Misional

Hola a Todos,
Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July this past week and that everyone is in good health. Our last few days here at the MTC have been very productive. Yesterday, Elder Chris Smith and I had the opportunity to host Elder Jordan Maguet into the MTC and catch up with him a little bit. He couldn't stop smiling the whole time and he is definitely anxious to serve the Lord. A quick spanish update: I can read and comprehend basically everything and I can speak it alright, but when it comes to understand natives I struggle for sure. I am excited to get to Mexico though so I can be fully immersed and learn even faster. It will definitely come with time, prayer, and patience. We enjoyed a special fireside this week to celebrate our Independence Day. We had guest speakers talk about sacrifices some many soldiers and citizens have made to preserve our liberty here in the USA. I am so grateful for those who have sacrificed so much and I know that because of their sacrifices, the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was able to come forth during a time of religious freedom here in this country. Now, the Gospel is spread throughout the whole world and It will continue to go forth by the means of It's members and young men that want others to partake of the joy of following Jesus Christ. After the devotional, we were allowed to watch the fireworks show from our campus that was at the BYU football stadium. It was weird to think that I would miss this holiday for the next two years. We also enjoyed a fireside on Sunday, performed by Jenny Oaks Baker, the daughter of Elder Dallin H. Oaks. She is an amazing violinist and she played many inspiring songs for us and shared with us her testimony. She also brought her 3 young daughters to perform for all of us (thousands of missionaries), the littlest playing a cello that was bigger than her and they did an incredible job. Not much else is going on now, we have a class or two left and then we leave on Monday morning. I am so excited to get into the mission field and share the message of this Gospel with the people of Cuernavaca. I already love the people, I just can't wait to meet them! The MTC will always be close to my heart though. I have learned so much here, not just Spanish or the lessons that we will be teaching people, but who I am and how this Gospel is for everyone. We are all children of a Heavenly Father who loves us so much that He sent His son, even Jesus Christ, to suffer for us so that He might know how we feel when we go through times of trial. If anyone is going through hard times, like I have numerous times in my life, prayer is a great way to find comfort and answers. Our Father in Heaven is waiting for us to reach out to Him and seek help in our challenges here on earth. I testify that the work we are doing here and the work we will be doing in Mexico is the Lord's work. I can't wait to see how the Gospel blesses the lives of the Mexican people because It has blessed mine so much. I hope all is well, I love and miss you all so much!
-Elder Stutz

No comments:

Post a Comment